Friday, November 9, 2012

Truth


I don't normally talk about the doping side of cycling as it *tends* not to affect a bunch of beer drinking ruffians like our crew.  But one of the most humble and well respected cyclists that has ever come out of BC has written a very good article setting the record straight.

Read it here: Vancouver Sun Article

Cycling is a hard, beautiful sport and a wonderful metaphor for life.  And it will always be so - with or without a Pro Tour.  I don't forgive any of the pros who tried to dirty our passion and now say they are sorry.  But with pros like Will (and his original teammates Svein and Meier), I still have some hope for our sport.

I told Will after Edmonton when he won the National Championships jersey and I finally caught up with him to congratulate him:  it's good to see the right guy win. 

A hard man representing Canada well.